Friday, August 10, 2007

Um, excuse me, but I am NOT a "southerner".

Ok, ok, it's just me. I accept that. It's me, this is my problem and I will have to get the hell over it, one of these days. But that won't be today.

I am NOT a southerner. I am from Texas. I am a NATIVE born Texan, and my family has been in the Republic/State of Texas for 8 generations. We are not now nor have we ever been southern.

Texans type just like we talk, which is just like we think. There are usually no more than two native Texans in the room at any given time because everybody else decided they would be old enough to break a hip before getting a word in edgewise and left the room.

We don't eat grits with cheese and we don't cover anything with a gravy that is refered to as "red eye". We buy big vehicles because we all have big asses and are generally uncomfortable in little bitty import cars. Trust me, more true dyed in the wool Texans, such as myself, want something our asses can spread out in and big enough that we can push your little unpronouncable piece of shit off into a ditch if you drive like shit. Which, incidentally, you do. If you have to put that much thought into using your turn signal, you probably have no business out on the road anyway.

And for point of future reference, if you where not born in Texas, you are not a Texan. Please quit'cher posing and get a new hobby. Preferably one you can do from home that does not require you to be out on the roads.

I might have to run your ass over.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.