Wednesday, November 16, 2005

The journey of a thousand miles begins with one film project.

Ok, so I got the film project done last night with minimal muss and fuss. Popped by dvd of Fargo in, gave the class technical guru a list of the scenes I wanted him to play and let 'er rip. I got a couple of chuckles out of the instructor and a few jaws dropped when Steve Busemi shot and then kicked the shit out of Harve Presnell, and I was like, "what, you folks never saw this movie, do you live under a rock or what?" Anyway, my instructor will "evaluate" us and let us know how we did next week. And I'm not sure why he bothered to say that he would challenge our choices, he didn't ask one question of anybody, Not that I'm complaining. On a lighter note I think I managed to bluff my way passed that feeling of "gee, I hope this doesn't come across like I just selected this last night and I really unprepared," feeling, a classmate came running into class with her video-store receipt in her hand and tossed a copy of "When Harry met Sally" into the machine. And of fucking-course she had to use the diner/fake-orgasm scene. Pardon me, but how on earth can somebody put that much effort into ordering pie ala mode and not put that much into communicating to her lover what she needs to get her hump on and settle for faking it? I just don't get it.

Have I mentioned lately that I tend to pass on chick flicks in favor of murder mysteries and documentaries anyway. And I don't embrace the idea of this new kinder, gentler Martha Stewart either, I always looked up to her as a "stay out of arms reach until I'm sure you aren't icky" kind of role model, she could really pull tht off without being offensive.

In other developments, my best friend is coming from Florida with her baby and husband for Thanksgiving! So very hopeful that her family doesn't feel the need to plan her entire time here, they should be considerate and give me a little of her time to monopolize. And thank whoever my book review is not due tonight. I was thinking about starting to sweat that one until I got in this morning and checked my e-mail, my instructor finally deemed me worthy of a response. Damnit, three ignored e-mails are enough, don't make me call your secretary.

The big project on my mind for next week is getting my desk area put together in my bedroom. I'm pulling a fifteen hour load at school come Spring semester and I will never be able to get it all done in slack time at work. Goody, I'll have two desks that look like a tornado hit them. So what, got to get that degree. Why did I do this to myself? Why didn't I take college more seriously the first time around? Cause I'm an Olympic caliber procrastinator, that's why. But I'm still ambivalent about the future post degree. I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up.

No comments: