Friday, June 27, 2003

I only own a dozen or so tote bags.

So why am I still hauling around my school back-pack a week after I dropped the class and shlepping everything I need around in the portable mess? Hell, it only took me three days after dropping to pull the textbook out and leave it in the back of my car, and that sucker was heavy!

Do I really need three month old grocery store receipts?

If I examine and inventory the contents of the bags, will that inspire me to clean them out? Or will it just send me into the throes of a depression that I can only climb out of with a hot fudge sundae and three different kinds of Zingers? Maybe that's why I make things hard on myself.

Was I a self-flagellator in a previous life and this is the most effective way of punishing myself in this one?

No comments: